Friday, June 20, 2008

Blogging 101


What is this whole "blogging" thing any way? Well I don't really know myself. I was turned onto it by a friend (that never comes to fish with me anymore) that is a city manager. He uses his blog for all kinds of things but mostly to get fast, informal information to his constituents. Here is the link to his blog: http://www.cityofwoodruff.blogspot.com/. It got me thinking about how little people really know what I do as a band director is so I started one myself. I even find it interesting to go back and look through the archives at what and how things were accomplished or not accomplished but mostly the blog is just fun for me. Sometimes people take it too seriously and that includes myself. Blogging in the media has had a profound affect at how the media reports things. Several public figures like Barry Bonds and Tiger Woods have their own blogs. The media can't really get to them because they are providing their own information straight from the most reliable source...themselves. I have been told that my blog provides some insight to me and my thought processes. You can usually tell what kind of mood I am in by my entries. I think the blog also gives people a look at what else I do in my life and a look at my family. These kind of things are often difficult to find out but here it is for all to see. I have always been one to "wear my emotions on my shirt sleeve" but this takes it to a new level. Of course, there are problems with blogs too. Mine has gotten me into trouble and Scott's has gotten him in deep water too. Luckily we both know how to swim well. Most of the problems occur when people seem to think that comments are directed at them. I am about the most impassive person in the world. If I have a problem with you, you will know because I will bring it straight to you, not on a blog. So there are funny things, serious things, and just off the wall things in my blog but one thing is for sure...they are all my things!
I hope everybody has a great weekend! I hope you enjoy the picture above. It looks like I am being attacked by wild dingos. "A dingo ate my baby!"

P.S. I would be in trouble if I didn't give a link to Cindy's blog so here it is: http://cindyshissyfit.blogspot.com/

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Brady,
I'm auditioning for the honor band of america and it is required that my highschool band director sign my application. When will you be at school and what time will you be there so I can bring the application sheet for you to sign?

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Email me and we can coordinate. I will be there some tomorrow and that would be a good time.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A dingo ate my band director

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home