Monday, June 09, 2008

Meeting New People

So I went to the school today to put some of my stuff in my new office and I have to say I love the band room. It is incredible to me and the office is great. But any way the best thing about the visit was I finally got to meet the Dazzlers. They were practicing to get ready for dance camp later this week. I am so glad I went to the school today. They are very nice young ladies and I know they will be a major contribution to our program. It is kind of funny at this point at the new school because nobody knows who I am. I have always lived by the premise that if you act like you know what you are doing and where you are going most people will just say hi and step aside. Kind of like Teddy Roosevelt said "Speak softly and carry a big stick." I know my excitement about my new job should be wearing off but it isn't. I hope it never does and I have a feeling it won't anytime soon. I already starting to feel recharged. I am really one of the luckiest people I know with respect to my job. I don't go work. I just leave my home to do something I really love...Band. I am truly one person that has found my career of "Flow". Everybody should read the book "Flow" by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. It has had a profound affect on how I look at "work" and life.
Stay cool everybody. I heard we may get some rain later this week. My yard would love it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

since fishing is what you like check this website out!
http://www.fomntt.com/legacy.php

Especially look at SC low country this is what kids caught in Lake Murray! Where are your pictures??

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home