Wednesday, June 04, 2008

What Have I Been Up To?

Lots! I have taken a new position at Dutch Fork High School and I am certainly excited to say the least. It is just too great of an opportunity to pass up. I certainly enjoyed my time at Swansea and wish them nothing but great things and have even offered to help them if they ever need it but things change. Certainly the easiest thing to have done would have been to just stay put and take the easy route. I was comfortable and things were going well but if you know me at all that is not my way. That the thing about growing and advancement. There are no true success or victory for those that "play it safe" so once again I have chosen to take the risk and the unknown over that which is known and safe.
At this time I have been putting together the show for next year. This may seem to be a rather easy task but it is not and it takes time. The music is finished (for now, I am sure we will make revisions throughout the season) so now it is time to get to work on the drill. There are plenty of players in this event too. The drill writer and I usually talk about once everyday during the writing process. The last thing we want is to be making a bunch of changes during camp so the best route is just to get it right the first time. The things we talk about are placement of the guard and percussion, musical phrases, and equipment changes. The band will not be quite as large as it was last year but things like this happen with director changes but I can assure you all that the quality of the final product will not be diminished. We will be competitive for sure.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you the best of luck at Dutch Fork I know you'll having them up to a new level soon. Thanks for everything you did over here at Swansea and what you did to make me a better player. Dont forget about us small town folks!!

Tim

11:48 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Welcome to Dutch Fork! We are thrilled to have you as our new director. I look forward to watching and helping in whatever way I can. Go Silver Spirit!

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Brady,
Glad to see youre back. Even though you are no longer with us, I just wanted to say thanks for all that you've done for us at Swansea. You are and will always be my favorite director! Have a great summer catching fish and chasing Ted. I can't wait to see your Dutch Fork band. We miss you!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Welcome to DF!!!! We are more than excited to have you on board. The kids are excited since they heard the music and the guard are excited to get started. The excitement has yet to begin...thank you for bringing it to us.
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! FIRST DAY OF MARCHING SEASON HAS ALREADY BEGUN!!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Brady,
Incoming Senior, Mia Taylor (me) wants to welcome you to our wonderful DF band! Me(clarinet player) and my sister (Tiffany C (sax player)) are so excited about my last year of marching band and concert band. Well first of all, I would like to thank you so much for putting me in charge of our lovely DF woodwind section and I will take care of them. :) Also please excuse my horrible drum major audition....i was extremely nervous and really disappointed that after all of the practicing I did to perfect it, I didn't perform to the least of my ability. Also i have looked over the band show for this year and the woodwind parts are nicely written and there is a feature in Light to Dark and really COOL! Well have a great summer and I'm really looking forward to this marching season! Mia Taylor (12)

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home