Saturday, April 12, 2008

Working in the Yard

Today's task was simple or so I thought. Just dig up some bushes and clean out the flower beds in front of the house. Sounds pretty easy. The problem was that the bushes had probably never been trimmed and their root systems were huge. They might as well been in concrete. I considered blasting but the neighbors might not like that. I dug them up. It was terrible. In my younger days I could work in 100 degree weather all day and never even sweat. I was very tired after only two of the bushes but did finally get them all. I took a full truck load of old mulch to the dump too. I have to admit that it was rewarding work though. My flower beds are now ready to be edged and planted. We went to the rock store and picked out some edging rock too. Hard work never hurt anybody and I saved a ton of money too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home