Monday, April 07, 2008

Concert Festival

Tomorrow is the day we have been working towards for quite a while. We play at 12:00 noon. We are playing a grade 4 warm-up march and two grade 5 concert pieces. I strongly feel that concert festival one of our biggest challenges of the year. It is graded very strictly and only a few bands will get Superior ratings. It is also my favorite event of the year too. It is the only event in which I and the students get to perform together. In the other events, I train and teach the students and then turn them loose to perform. Not at festival. We get to perform together so good or bad, we will all receive our rating tomorrow. In my heart, I know we have already received our Superior. Tomorrow is just our chance to show everybody else how much we have improved this school year. Of course, there are always things that can happen to hamper a live performance but that is why I love band. You just never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home