Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Wind

I really don't like the wind much at all. I know it is going to happen and there is probably some good that it does but I still don't like it. I really didn't mind it much until hurricane Hugo I suppose. I weathered that storm in my mom and dad's house in 1989. They really don't know how strong the winds were because the gauging device blew off of the customs house at 136 mph. The eye passed right over us. All and all the storm itself was ok. It was the next day that really let everybody know what could happen in storm of that size. It looked old war photos. Only the trucks of the trees were left and it even blew so hard the grass was gone off the lawn. The wind is about the only thing that keeps me off the water from fishing too. I don't mind rain or cold or heat. All that is ok, but the wind...I don't like fighting it while trying to fish. Also, what a great thing to destroy a good run at marching band. Nothing like watching 16 colorguard girls throwing flags in the wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home