Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Suits


I am here at all-state band this weekend in Greenville at Furman University. It is always interesting on Saturday. You walk in and you are either a "suit' or not. I am not and I am pretty happy about that. There is a group of directors that walk around in suits and look really important. Maybe they are important. I know just about all of them. I am not a suit. I am a man of leisure. As a matter of fact I am a founding member of the "Men of Leisure Club". There are a few qualifications to be in the club. One, you must be a male over the age of 25. Two, you must thoroughly enjoy having nothing to do. This means you can't whine about being bored. Being bored is a great thing. So no I am not a suit. I would probably get further if I were but I like doing things my own way. Perhaps that's what they will put on my grave. "I did it my way". I think that maybe that means more in the long run rather than running around wearing suits and kissing butt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home