Friday, August 03, 2007

Band Camp: The 1st Week in Review

Week one of band camp 2007 is over. What did we do:

1. We have the opener and 38 pages of drill set with music and guard work (sort of!).

2. We drank about 300 gallons of water.

3. We can play the entire show from beginning to end (some you in the band world know this is quite and accomplishment for a Brady band since I have been known to pick some of the hardest music known to man! I am morally opposed to "watering it down").

4. We are becoming a family and our family is getting larger. This is what it is really about. The students may not ever remember much about who they sat next to in English class but I can guarantee they will remember who they marched next to in this year's show.
5. We have had fun! It is after all supposed to be fun and I think we have had a pretty good time.
Next week will hold more challenges but we will overcome them too. I hope everybody has a great weekend!
P.S. I have a new house!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home