Monday, July 30, 2007

The 1st Day of Band Camp 2007

Things went well. I am not going to say that I feel like we are the Lower State Champions (Oh wait...WE ARE!) but things went smoothly. For the first time in my band directing career, our drill is full on the first day of camp. I did not make one phone call to try to "find" students. I figured if they wanted to be at band camp, they would be there. I think I have the right students to accomplish the tasks at hand. Today was a great set up for things to come. We learned how to use our coordinate sheets. We went over the opener and I showed them how I expected things to be played. Honestly the group played much better this year on the first day of camp than they did last year. We just kind of figured each other out again. It is kind of like when you have a family member or good friend that you haven't seen in a while and then after a little bit time you feel like you were never apart. Today was good. It was so nice to hear their distinctive dark sound on the first day of camp. The percussion section is off to a fast start as well. The guard should be one of our best features this year and seems to be building on their successes of last year. All we really need to do is find out how bad we want it this year. I have learned that a group of people set their minds to do something and want something bad enough, there is very little that can stop them from reaching their goals. So what will it be this year?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

state duh!! lol

or at least i know thats what i want

-- and to at least make it to BOA finals!

--** rebecca

7:49 PM  
Blogger kelsey said...

Ya I really know that I want to win State and if not win BOA, then definitely make it to the finals! (but why not go the whole way?!) I will do WHATEVER it takes to do those things! we love you Mr. Brady!
- Kelsey

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm agreein w/ rebecca!!!

state is a must this year I WANT IT BAD!!!

n hopefuly BOA finals!! excited!!! OH YES!!!

*~*cindi*~*

ps GOT MY TATTOO HEHEHEHE BIGGER THAN EXPECTEd!!!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home