Thursday, July 26, 2007

Good Signals

Today was great. Things went about as well as I could have imagined. I was really pleased with the skill level of the rookies and the section leaders were great. It is almost like they knew what and how I expected things to be done. I wonder why? I was also so happy that students other than the ones that were required came too. It means a lot to know that they just like band that much. The colorguard was outstanding and it was really nice to see Sharod again. The percussion also looked and sounded great. I really enjoyed being a band director today. Also, a big congratulations to Mr. Boiteau for making it through his first day with us. I know how hard it can be to change jobs and I hope everybody will get to know and welcome him. Remember it wasn't too long ago that I was the new guy. I really think he will be a big asset to as we all get to know each other. We will continue with rookie camp tomorrow and then...the real deal is Monday. It still scares me think about the potential this band has for this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home