Friday, July 27, 2007

Rookie Camp Wrap-up

Today we concluded Rookie Camp 2007. I have to say if this is any indication of things to come for the rest of the season...Watch out! Today was better than yesterday and I guess that was my challenge to the group at the end of today's rehearsal. "Make today the worst rehearsal we have because every one after it will be better." One student told me today, "You haven't gotten on to us yet." My response was "Why would I? You have done everything great so far."
This brings up and interesting point that I have made before. Perhaps not everything I do at the moment is just for that moment. Perhaps, just perhaps, some of the things I do and "encourage" to make happen are not just for that moment in time. Maybe there are done for the future and to make things better for not only the current situations but for future situations.
The band has truly performed like the champions they are over the past two days. I can't wait to see what happens next. Congratulations on your first victory of the season!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for understanding my leave today, I hate I missed some of rehearsal but I GRADUATED!!!!!!!
I too think the band is going to be a success this year just like last year but even better. We already are showing potential of being 1st in state and these pass rehearsals were mostly rookies, I cant wait until next week!!!!!!!!!!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home