Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Chaos!


Today seemed to be very chaotic from the start. The day started with an important member of our group quiting. Luckily we are in a position with some very dedicated students that step up to fill our needs. One thing that has given me so much hope for this year is the fact I have had several students tell me "I will do what ever is needed to make the group better." This is something that most people do not give teenagers enough credit for. I have always tried to treat my students as the young adults they are. I have the highest respect for the students with this kind of attitude. What they do is not easy. In contrast is extremely difficult and today was a day of adjustments. The shoe people came...early! We had to fill a spot...in hard to find instrument. There was a problem with the drill...at least I got to see the drill writer in person. It was HOT!...interestingly the band seemed to work better in the heat. Perhaps all the chaos is over with in one day and things will be smoothed out. I know there will be other challenges. I just hope they don't come all at once.


P.S. I do think this show is HOT. When we get it down, others will know why we are working so hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home