Thursday, August 02, 2007

Band Camp: Day 4

So what is going on in the world of band camp? Today it was for real. This was our 4th day all the stories that everybody has heard about band camp were now...well, they were for real. Everybody was tired at least a little. It was hot and people were starting to get to each other. I have some great help this year and everybody on staff is certainly pulling their weight, but there are somethings that only I can do. It is days like today that I wish there was two of me. Maybe one could do paperwork while the other rehearses the trumpets. Maybe one could check on the guard while the other one warms up the band. Maybe one could console a young student that is having trouble while the other fixes drill. Maybe one could point out the finer points of sunscreen to the guard while the other takes out the trash.
So where is my favorite place to be during band camp? Maybe my office in the air conditioning? Nope. Maybe in the main office away from everybody? Nope. My favorite place to be during band camp is with the students where ever they are. I love the morning stretches when I see all of them together for the first time of the day. I love full band music rehearsal and yes I truly love the last session of the day outside. So where is my place to be? In front of a band. It just makes me feel good because as I have stated before...I truly love band. These are the days in which that a band becomes successful. State is not won in October!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definately wear the sunscreen; I was an idiot last year at band camp and didnt so I got burnt REALLY bad... Now I have to go get some moles removed because of it. No fun. Anyways, I guess I can understand why you don't want me there helping out, but not...really. I haven't been able to get a ride there yet anyways, but I'm definately coming to visit next week. Hope today is going well!

Jehle

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home