Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Best is Yet to Come?


Really? I don't know for sure but I think it may be true. You see I have always been a late bloomer. I have never really excelled at anything until I have really mastered the basics. Perhaps Band has something left for me! I am amazed at the rate at which I learn things and obtain more knowledge about Band. I am now playing in a recently created wind ensemble. I must say I still have glimpses of brilliance in my playing! (But nothing like I use to play but man I hear the grass grow! And tell you what color it which it grows too!) To me one of the best parts of the experience is to listen to the conductor say things which I have thought to myself. It just kind of assures that I am not alone in my manners of band and that maybe I do know what I am doing. It is nice to think that over my past 40 years there may be a bunch more in store for my musical career. I would be lying if I said I have not been disappointed with much in my career choice over the past but I just think I may be getting it right...maybe not but at least I think I am getting better. Music is like that...we don't retire, we just die! And maybe then, we really don't stop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home