Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Imagine


I am not big into hero worship as I feel for the most part I make my own luck and living vicariously though others such as sport figures, movie stars, and other celebrities actually does very little for me other than the entertainment factor it offers in the form of an escape from reality. But there are a few individuals that I feel are a bit different. John Lennon was one of those such people for me. I like the Beatles and like many of their songs but for me their true voice was and still is John's. I vaguely remember the night he died. I have been a Miami Dolphins fan for as long I can remember and they were on Monday night football that night. I really didn't exactly what John Lennon was about at that point in my life but my mom sure did. She was very sad by the announcement of his death on that Monday night 30 years ago. So today I remember him not so much for his music but for his ideas. Take time to find out a bit more about him if you don't already know.

"If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it."

"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one."

2 Comments:

Blogger Help You to Lose said...

Hi there found your blog through an internet search, I would love the opinion of another band director as to what the kids (including my daughter) are recenttly going through in band class. It makes me as a parent question wether it should even be allowed but I dont know the lets say "protocall" for bands. Your input if you have time would be greatly appreciated :)
A mom in Northern Pa!

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a Dolphin Fan???? How did I not know that? Frankle's too!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home