Sunday, October 17, 2010

2nd Place Brady!


Unfortunately if you are reading this you know why the title of this post. I and my bands have been second place all to often! Sometimes that stings but not this weekend. Yesterday we journeyed our way to North Augusta and I am glad we did. The folks at North Augusta treated us great. We had plenty of room and they were very courteous too...but any way back to second place...We were second in prelims by .5 and then came finals. I thought we were much better in finals but we just could not over come the fact we went one hour before the final band. You might think that was a poor result but not yesterday. Yesterday was the first day this season that things came together for us. We were finally together in more ways than that word can express. So when the final score were announced, I was gratified to see smiling faces and hear laughs. We all know greater things await us. Although I still think second place is the first loser, I think we actually did a bit more than that yesterday. I am glad we leave ole South Carolina for a bit for the next few weeks because I think we may just have something for them in a few more. Remember if you are scoring at 90 in September, you just have peaked a bit early...like a month early! Watch out, here we come.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great night it was! We are ready to bring it in Maryland!!!

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Second place isn't first loser. First loser is a college grad with little to no command of the English language.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Cindy Pollard Hoogenboom said...

WOW WEE! That second comment really "irks" me. I'm guessing this statement is referring to the fact that Jon's grammar is less than perfect. You obviously don't know him. If you did, you would know that he can definitely take command of the English language...especially if spoken to. Also, you obviously have not read back to prior dated blog posts. He will be the first one to tell you that he doesn't spell correctly, use spell check, or write sentences that make any sense. Bless your heart....he never said he was a writer!!! BUT....that's the beauty of this blog...it's HIS and HIS alone. He can say whatever he wants in any format he wants to and with any grammar he prefers. So...if you want to make an anonymous remark about his writing...go ahead. Even though it irritates me, I'm sure he will find it amusing! And....I'm sure while you were spending "quality" time taking command of the English language in college, he was having a helluva lot more fun while still maintaining his 4.0 GPA!!!!

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Brady said...

I gots several degrees! I also gots control over the sitemeter at the bottom of this blog! I also gots you IP address!!! Nothing is really ever anonymous now is it!

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a great day, wasn't it! EVERYONE was happier even before we got our scores. I was very glad to see everyone pulling together.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Cindy Pollard Hoogenboom said...

It was a great day! And I know there are more to come! Looking forward to Baltimore and BOA!!!!

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sitemeter only tells you the IP addresses of your readers. You make the assumption that everyone who posts, does so by clicking through from the main blog article.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home