Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cleaning it up!


We are at one of my favorite places to be in the marching season. It's cleaning time! What is cleaning? Well it means we have the show on the field and we can march and play it. Now is time to get it perfect. We will work on step offs and entrances. We will also work on stops and releases. For the guard, our largest visual element, it will mean perfecting all the existing work and adding more to the transitions. One thing is for sure though if we don't strive for perfection, we will never, ever get close to it. Some say I demand too much from my students as I do demand excellence. I don't ask. I myself say they deserve that kind of respect. I mean if you think about it they spend many, many extra hours at school and they deserve a chance to be successful. That is ultimately my job. I must ensure that the students have a chance to be successful. This means giving them the best possible product in which to work. "As somebody once said, everybody deserves a chance to fly!" I saw such happy students last weekend. I walked up tired and salty from sweat but guess what I saw them the same way. We all came together for a common goal last weekend. Students, parents, staff, and family for one common goal and cause and although we met our goals for the day, we longed for more. Isn't that what it's all about though, we went for it and came up short. I would not bet on that happening as the season progresses. We are coming together and figuring our just what we want.
P.S. What an awesome picture!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home