Friday, August 27, 2010

The Longest Days...Fridays


I will spend about 17 hours at work today. I left the house at 7:00 a.m. and will probably not get home unitl after midnight. It has always been this way during marching season (or sitting in the stands season as the case has been). People ask me about the football games and quite honestly I don't really watch much of it. I am usually ground level telling the drum major what to do and trying to tell the kids where to go and when to go there so it really is work. It is just part of the job and I know that most people think this all that we do. I also know that this is where most of the community sees us and makes their judgement as to whether or we are "good" or "bad". I think I do a pretty good job of keeping the band playing and sounding good at the games. What would make it better? If Cindy and the Boyz could come and hang out. The problem is that I am always busy at the game and I wouldn't get to see her much but I am sure the Boyz would keep her happy. Maybe we can find a school whose mascot is The Happy Dachshund. Until then I will miss them on Friday nights.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are yall marching tonight?

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Brady said...

Negative

4:28 PM  
Blogger Cindy Pollard Hoogenboom said...

Me and the boyz miss you too. 17-18 hour days without a real lunch or dinner - or a real break at all - are just too long for anyone! I don't know many people that would agree to that kind of job! Anyway....since we just WONT do football games, then we'll be here when you get home....LOVE YOU BUNCHES.....Cindy & the Boyz.....

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home