Monday, November 24, 2008

Back to Work

We had a great time at Winthrop. Both of the students from Dutch Fork were in the top band and did really well. They were great ambassadors for our band program and were a lot of fun to be around too.
Now some not so good news. We are continuing to have problems with respect for the band program from the people it should matter to the most...it's own members. I have attempted to give the band students some rewards for being in band such as allowing them to be in the band room before school so they didn't have to go to the commons area with the other students. We are continuing to problems with the band room being out of order. This will stop because I will keep it in order but the problem is that I can't keep it in order because many of the students work faster than I do. There are many times when I am just being watched as I put things in their proper area. I don't mind working with the students and I certainly don't watch them work but I do mind when it seems like am the one to do all the organizing of the band room. It may not seem very important but it is. Self discipline will be the key to the future successes or failures of the Dutch Fork band program. That comes from with in and with help from others. Everybody is expected to be a good example and influence on each other. That is what we lack the most but with hard work we will get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home