Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fundraising



We're trying! I promise! We are trying to raise some money to get some much needed items for the band. We have some pretty big equipment needs. Our drumline is falling apart...literally! We also need some new marching baritones. Here is the neat thing about fundraising for the band. If anybody wants to see where the money goes it's easy. Just walk in the band room or go watch the marching band. Everything we raise goes right back into the band.

I know some of the booster club is frustrated with our numbers so far but I am not. I think they are doing all the right things and as the band becomes more important so shall fundraising. I know how hard they all work and I really appreciate it!

What are your suggestions for ideas to raise money for the band? Here is your chance to have your voice heard.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok-
I really think that we should be able to charge for parking at football games. other schools do this and it is 100% money. The first football game next year will most likely be Irmo at DF. Biggest game and lots of cars. Even if we just do middle school and vistors side parking.
Also-
If it is made known each goal and the amount needed and then updates when we reach that goal would also let the parents know that their fundraising is accomplishing something.
Example:
Marching Baritones: $2500.00
Raised 500.00
still to raise 2000.00
next fundraiser will go toward this!
next item to purchase: Percussion
5000.00
Some sponsors may even want to give directly towards a pictular cause.
There are lots of ideas out there, however one large event one that would yeild alot of money would be great too. Even with all that Parent involvment has got to increase. It is not what we want from them, but what we want FOR THEM and their family!

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHEESECAKE AND COOKIE DOUGH!!! LOL

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

doughnuts and coffee to the people in line at 4AM on black friday.

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have an easier way online to give money. Though I am not in the Dutch Fork area, I do have ties there, and I was frustrated when me and my business tried to contribute and heard nothing about where to send our checks to. It is hard to understand the complaining about fund raising when a business wants to help but is ignored.

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would never ignore anybody wishing to contribute. I don't know any body that would do that. The simple answer is just to send it to the school with attention to me or the band booster club. We will then send a receipt back to you for tax purposes. You can also call me at the office.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home