Saturday, November 01, 2008

STATE: The End or the Beginning?


Today is state competition we will be performing in less than 6 hours. We will know if we need to get ready for a final performance in about 7 hours. Is this the end of something or the beginning? This is the end of this year's competitive marching season, but I feel it may be the beginning of something much larger. Things have really come together for us. Last nights half-time performance was the best visual performance any band of mine has accomplished at a football game. We had a great rehearsal Thursday too. All that is left is today. There is certainly a buzz in the band room this morning. Lots of people were here early.

If we get what we want, we will have two great performances today. If not the feeling will be different tonight but the accomplishments of the season will not. We have already accomplished what I wanted to for this year. People are taking note of the Dutch Fork Band. In the coming years, we will build on what we have established in this short 4 month period of time. The future is shining brightly for us as we will only graduate a very small group of seniors this year. In 12 hours, the season will be over but the next era of the Dutch Fork Band will only have begun.

Only one thing will be less than perfect for me today. I have done what I sought out to do many, many years ago. I am the head director of a very competitive band at the top division. I just wish my Cindy was here with us today. She will be at home waiting for the results though.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on an amazing, clean, and demanding show. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Good luck in the rest of the year.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I enjoyed the show it was performed real well!! I see Dutch Fork on the uprise in the upcoming years. The kids did great and the Drum major was great.

IT was good seeing ya too
Tim

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jon Brady said...

Thank you guys. Not many band directors get stuff like that from their former students.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home