Monday, October 27, 2008

Something more important than work...

I missed my classes at school today for an important reason. I usually miss on Wednesdays and yes, I am usually on the water at least part of those days but not today. Today Cindy had surgery. I won't go into the details because I think I do that too much any way but I was at the hospital all day waiting for her. I am at home now taking care of her as they let her come home tonight and I am glad for that. The reason I am putting on the blog is because she has made all the difference to me and how I band direct. She is my biggest supporter and even when I am wrong she would never tell you (she will tell me though!). Any way she is doing fine but I will keep everybody up on how she is doing. It is strange to think that this weekend will be the first time in 12 years that I will go to a competition with out her. I don't even want to think about it. She is everything to me. The band world in South Carolina and beyond certainly knows her too. You can't miss her with that red hair and it is always asked of me when people see me "Where is Cindy" because they know she is always close by. I may be one of the only band directors that takes their wife on the field with them for awards. My question is simple. Why don't more?
As for the band, we continue to improve and I really think we could be the surprise of the year this weekend. I did go back to school for practice. Cindy wouldn't have it any other way. I would love to call her this weekend and tell her we did our absolute best ever at state.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Cindy is a very special lady and very loved. I wish her well and will be praying for both of you. Remember that you have a band family that is there for you if you need them. Remember Saturday she will be there with you in your heart and waiting for that wonderful phone call.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Your wife is a wonderful person and a very important part of our "Band Family". We will ALL miss her this weekend at State, but will know that she is cheering the band on from home. I am sure it will be extremely hard for her to not be at your side on Saturday. Maybe the kids can step it up a notch and dedicate this performance to Mrs. B. Whatever the outcome, you have done wonderful things with the band this year and we cannot wait to see what you have in store for the future. Best wishes to Cindy for a speedy recovery!!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

I was thinking and praying for you both all day yesterday. He answers prayers with her coming home yesterday. I know you were happy about that. I have only one other Red headed friend that is amazing too! I guess I am now blessed to have two. Cindy will hear the scores next weekend I promise and she is with you on that field. You guys are the best. I am an excited band geek and love that you let us hang out at practices. LOL. To our red headed friend..we love ya...to our director and friend..we are learning to say "yes chef". Have a great week!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so happy to hear yesterday that Cindy's surgery was successful. She is a remarkable lady. I'm sure it is the redhead in her, cause we are all like that!!! I was thinking of both of you yesterday and saying prayers. Obviously,your band family cares so much about you and Cindy. Once again, thank you to both of you for everything you do for the band!!!!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home