Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another Long Day

We have a booster club meeting tonight so I usually just tell the kids they can stay after school and practice. I really don't mind as I think they have fun practicing together sometimes without me telling what they doing right or wrong. I like to listen to them too. I don't mind booster club meetings either. I think the parents need to meet once a month and discuss things and ask me any questions they may have as well. I am a pretty open person when it comes to work. I have been told I can be hard to get to know but once you know me I can actually be quite entertaining. Today in classes I taught the Freshman Success class a lesson on Veteran's Day. I thought it was important enough to take some time away from the planned curriculum. They seemed to enjoy. Concert band continues work on their Winter Concert music and they are getting better. I wish they would practice at home and make the entire class a little more important but in general it was a good class today. As for Symphonic Winds, we have being working on First Suite in E Flat by Gustav Holst. It is a benchmark piece for any successful band program so we are going to perform it at our concert. We also sightread a great fanfare that would be nice in which to open the concert. Their sightreading is getting better. I wonder why?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh I wish I could have sightread band music!! I would have much rather been in band class today than sitting around mopping all day with hot tea in one hand and Kleenex in the other.
-sincerely Mia

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I have been told I can be hard to get to know but once you know me I can actually be quite entertaining."

so true.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First Suite in E Flat ahh what a wonderful piece of band literature

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dee dee dee

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first suite in E Flat.. what a fun peice to sightread lol, and hounds of spring.. good times goodtimes lol

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home