Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Passion

I thought about this today and it makes sense. I have been told I am a lot of things. Some good and some bad. That is the way it goes with me and what I do, but I have never been told that I didn't have passion for what I do. It is what makes band so important. Band is a class in which everybody gets to do something passionately and not get in trouble. Many bands play the right notes and rhythms. My goal is to have a band that does all the technical things correct but also one that plays with passion.
I think I am starting to get through to some as all the classes are starting to get the idea. The correct notes and rhythms are only part of the solution. They must add the things that make us human to the music and most of the time those markings aren't even on the page. They are inside of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home