Thursday, November 20, 2008

Annual Trip to Winthrop


I always take a few students to the Winthrop Band Clinic which is always the week before Thanksgiving. So tomorrow two students and myself are leaving at about 7:30 a.m. to head up to Rock Hill. It is my Alma mater so I always like to see the changes that are going on at the school. Winthrop is a smaller but very good college and I am glad I chose to go there. They have only admitted 6,500 students for many years and don't have plans to get any bigger.


As far as the clinic goes, the students will audition for chairs first thing. They will then rehearse for two days and give a great concert on Saturday night. It means that I have to spend one more night away from home but I think it is worth it to the students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home