Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our Anniversary




Yeap, Today is Cindy's and my anniversary. 8 years ago today we were married on an island off the the coast of Beaufort. It was great. I can still name everybody that came too. It was the best wedding ever. We then spent a week in New Orleans for our honeymoon. It was the best trip I have ever taken. I guess the best thing is that I still feel like it was yesterday that we met. In some ways I feel like we have been together forever though. It is pretty amazing to me to look at what we started with and then see where we are now. I give her full credit for teaching me to make my bands play with the passion I play with. I will never forget one day when she told me " You play with so much feeling, why don't your bands?" From that day on, they have. I quit teaching them "out of the book" and started teaching them "out of the heart". I just look at every line and teach them to play it like I would...with feeling. Cindy taught me that my students can do that better then anybody would imagine. I wish everybody could knew how happy we are together because it has made all the difference to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

happy anniversary ( to be sung like the song from the Flintstones) LOL

Have a great one!

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get best anniversary blog...her blog wasn't bad, mind you, but yours is better!

Happy 8th and many more! You would think that she would have gotten you an original painting for your anniversary! Ha.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home