Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Checking Out Camp


I went to the USC band camp today for a bit just to see the students and say hi. I think it is important that they see me and I know I support them in their summer activities and beside that is it just fun to see them. I saw new and old students alike. It makes me feel good that they seemed happy to see me too. I have never thought it was my place to be a friend to the students. They have a lot of friends and they are way more fun to hang out with then I am. I have always tried to be accessible though. I don't know many band directors that get to see their students get excited when they see them in a setting outside of the usual places. It was great to see all doing so well. It is a nice band world I am in at this point. I know students from all over the state and they know who I am too. I also know many, many band directors and even band parents of students that I have never taught.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming and visiting.
It meant a lot to see you there supporting us.
Kelsea

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home