Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Trust Factor

So Wednesday is our afternoon off and it often gets me to thinkin'. So I was thinking about some things that make what I do different than the regular teacher. One was trust. My Juniors and Seniors have been with me now for three years. There is no other teacher or person in the school that they have shared as much time with. They must trust me in that I am at least trying to steer them in the right direction. I have some students that are with me half of the day. They must enjoy my class or certainly they would not commit that kind of time to my class. For a band to truly be successful there must be trust. Not only trust in the director but also trust in the students from the director. I am going to work on this aspect of myself a bit more. The way I figure it is that if the students didn't trust in what I was doing...they won't keep coming back. I just want things to happen for us all so bad sometimes that I get tunnel vision and forget to enjoy the things that we have now. Band is different than any other thing in the school at this point. We not only work together, we have to trust each other. When this becomes a norm, watch out we may be far better then anybody is expecting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home