Thursday, August 30, 2007

Officially Behind!

We are now what I would call officially behind. We have 8 rehearsals until our first scheduled competition and have yet to set the closer. Today it was not our day. Lightning was in the air and it is just not worth the risk to the students or staff. It was too bad because we really need the time on the field. I have to admit I am tired of saying the same old things at practice too. I am not sure why things do not seem to be clicking this year. It could be a number of things but I do know this, it won't matter if it doesn't get better immediately. I get the feeling that my corrections are in one ear and out the other. The band has no sense of urgency about them. I am not sure what to do at this point. A student leader asked me today how to get the band to respond to them. My response was I really don't know, they won't respond to me either. Better days must happen to avoid a very long October. (Or at least a long first three weeks!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah we gotta step it up (winds in particular). I dont think some people realize that its possible for any band not to make state. Your a great director and you know what your talking about. People have to start caring and paying more attention. Until that starts .....

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home