Tuesday, August 08, 2006

First Day of After School Rehearsal


The first day of after school rehearsal is typically one of the worst rehearsals of the year. The students are tired. Some forget their marching clothes to change into. The bus from the middle school is late. All of these things were true today but that did not stop this from being the best first day of school rehearsal I have had! We warmed up and stayed in basics block for over an hour, but we still cleaned 16 pages of the opener. I turned up the volume a bit today and we are loud but very dark too. I really only expected to clean about 5 or 6 pages of drill. Colorguard is doing very well as is the battery and pit. I love my new schedule at the high school. It finally feels like we may be in a position to be for real. I feel as though we are probably ahead of most of the other AA bands in the state, we just have to keep it that way. We must get better at marching basics but for a first day of school...I will take today as a victory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home