Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Day 2 - Grey Tuesday

A grey day. Not really exciting but not terrible either. Some students are having scheduling problems while others seem to manage just fine. We lost a clarinet player today but gained a baritone and a good trumpet. So I guess that was a pretty good trade. My colorguard instructor had a doctor's appointment and had to miss today but will be back tomorrow but the guard seemed to function very well on their own so that was a plus. I just don't think the music is coming together like it should. Maybe it is too hard but as a former colleague told me, "That is the way you were taught. Your a male Judy McBride." As Miss Mac would have put it "If it's on the page you play it. I won't make the music easier, you will get better." Famous words of Judy McBride my high school band director. So if I am a male band director version of Judy McBride, than I will take that any day. Tomorrow will tell a lot about the band and its future for this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home