Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Lines, Lines Everywhere!

Our new practice field is ready to go. This morning my assistant and myself lined the new practice field for the first time. Sounds easy doesn't it? Not really! This task took us 4 1/2 hours to complete in weather well above 90 degrees. If you ever thought you wouldn't use the Pythagorean Theorem after geometry class, then you obviously are not a band director. Remember A squared + B squared = C squared! That's all there is to it. Our new observation tower will most likely not be finished by tomorrow, but we really don't need it until next week. There seem to be some workforce issues (and lots of cursing). Tomorrow is the first day of rookie camp. We will have to be especially careful because of the high temperatures. Most likely we will practice for 20 mintues and then rest for 10. It still amazes me that a middle-aged, tired man (that's what my wife calls me!) can out last them all in the heat. (Famous words I may eat later!) Tomorrows report...The first day of rookie camp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home