Friday, August 04, 2006

Band Camp 2006 Report


Today we ended band camp. It was a very hot band camp...maybe my hottest ever. My wife said I am getting old but I still think it was hot. We had 4 days over 100 degrees! We can play the show pretty well for August 4 and we have 72 pages of drill on the field. The colorguard has work for two thirds of the show. We had no serious medical problems with the heat although we did average drinking about 50 gallons of water a day!
Today we played the entire show for the parents and friends. Everybody seemed to like it. I like the people in Swansea. Everybody is nice and seems to accept each other for what and who they are. No looking down the nose to other people. It reminds me of my high school and home town.
I believe this season holds alot of promise. The people in Lexington School District 4 need something to be excited about and I think we just may be it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home