Thursday, August 31, 2006

Clarinets!


We have 14 clarinets. 9 are veterans and 5 are new to the band. They are all young ladies. Their playing skills vary a lot. We have 5 region band players in the group. Some of them like to talk a little too much in rehearsal, but they really do work hard to get the job done. Their marching skills have really improved since last year especially in the area of slides. I think this section probably makes fun of me more than any other! They don't think I hear them and see them, but I do! Their section leader has worked very hard to become a good leader, and she has succeeded. They are a lot of fun and will continue to develop as the season continues.
Rehearsal today was great. We are right on track of where I feel we should be at this time of the year. We have also be really fortunate with the weather. We rehearsed in the rain today for a while but the cool tempature was a blessing. Band competitions go on in the rain so I feel it is important that we are prepared for it if that is the case.
Tomorrow is Friday, and we don't have a game so it is nice to have a free weekend coming up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home