Friday, August 25, 2006

Wow! by Special Guest Blogger


As guest blogger, I am honored that my husband would let me voice my opinion on his BLOG. But more so honored that he would let me voice my opinion about his BAND…….

Tonight was the first Friday night football game at Pelion. The excitement of the first football game was in the air, but more importantly, the excitement of being able to march the show for the first time in public was in the air.....as the Directors wife, I was even on pins and needles because tonight would be the first time I have heard the band for this season and the first time I have seen the “show” the band has been working on so diligently.

The result………….well, all I can say is WOW!!!!

In all the years I have followed band (which is 10 years, by the way), I must say that this is the first time I have heard a band that sounds like ‘all that’ in the last week of August. YES……..IT IS ONLY THE LAST WEEK IN AUGUST! The brass was full, the winds were clean, and the percussion was tight.....WOW! The color guard looked beautiful with smiles on their faces and flags together.....WOW! The drill was hard, but the marching was clean.....WOW!

Now, now…..I know a lot of you know that I am not a musician and that I can’t read music, but there is one thing that I have acquired over the years while following band….and that is that I can hear what is good and what needs work. And I can see what looks clean and what needs work. This band was good. This band was that “WOW!” kind of good…………so good that I am ready for the season to begin. So good that if what I saw tonight was any indication of the things to come this season, then I had better hold on tight because I think it’s going to be one heck of a ride. By the end of the season you might just hear me saying WOWWWWEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home