Monday, August 28, 2006

The Ballad!


Working on the slow section of the show always makes me crazy! It is slow in tempo and usually the drill is not very difficult (usually!). Everybody seems to start moving in slow motion after a while. Then they start thinking slowly. And then I yell and scream. It is all a vicious cycle! The ballad is always important in that it allows the band to show expression. Many people have said I am too emotional and wear my emotions on my shirt sleeve but not one judge or listener has ever said my bands have played with too much emotion. It's the highs and lows that make life interesting. Why not allow students to experience that in something positive like music.
The picture is of little Ted. He just makes me happy after a long day. Tomorrow will be better but today wasn't bad just hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home