Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Wrap-up

We are finally done with Christmas. I know the actual date happened almost a week ago but that doesn't mean it was over. Cindy and I stayed home that day and watch the yard flood. We got over 3 inches of rain in about 2 hours. It was pretty cool. Then it was off to Goose Creek for the festivities with my family. Then just today was Christmas at the Pollard. That was fun too. At Christmas I will always take a few thoughtful gifts over quantity. This year I got both. Lots of thoughtful gifts.
Now the hard part of things. We noticed Monday that little Ted had a swollen mouth and upon further examination, we found a bad tooth. You see the best breed of dog in the world, the dachshund, has a few problems. One is their backs. They are just too long. The other is their teeth. They have the mouth of a doberman but the body of a...well a dachshund. So off to the vet we went. The Vet recommended an immediate extraction of the tooth. So, of course, we complied. Things were worse than expected. Ted had to have 13 teeth removed!. Before you get to upset though, he does have some left....the Big ones! He is back at home now and I can only say I wish I had a bit of his fortitude. You may know that Ted had cervical neck surgery about 4 years ago. This is major back/neck surgery. He played ball that very night and jumped. We have since trained him to not jump off things. Well today he came home and ran in the yard and pooped first thing. He has since eaten a bowl of food and ran more. I don't know if he just likes life or Cindy and me. Maybe it's both. Now Henry has been checking him a lot but we all hope and think Ted will just fine. That is the gift I want most.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you seem to really love your dogs...that is so cute

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home