Monday, December 14, 2009

Do You Remember Me?

I received and email this past weekend from a former student. His name is Chris and he asked if I remembered him. He said he was in my band at Buford and he played trumpet. The truth is that of course I remember you. Little red headed kid. Good trumpet player too. I even have a card you gave me one time at Christmas. I read it not too long ago. I remember all of you. I really do. Sometimes I wonder why I am a band director. I spend so much time at work and away from home. I know I could do other things and make more money and spend less time at work but I seem to be tied to this profession. You see, I was not even going to be a band director for long time. I was going to be a performer but 15 years later here I am. Your email reminded me why I am a band director. I will never be rich or be well known in the world but I do make a difference for many. Not a lot of people can say that. I can. So Chris in response to your email, yes I remember you. I actually just looked at your picture with all of your classmates from concert festival in 1998. We got straight 1's in the sightreading room that day. This picture is in my home office. I remember all of you and it humbles me to know you remember me too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

I have to agree with you on this one about the impact. If everyone would take a look at life...what do you really leave behind. Your money, would only make someone happen for a while (unless you are tiger woods wife) or stuff, got enough of that too. All we really leave behind is who we change and what life you impact. We its all said and done..you Mr. B....have done that for hundreds of kids! Merry Christmas!!!!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home