Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Break


I made it! A real break from work and school. I am going fishing tomorrow and that is great for sure. We will be staying around the house mostly during this break but we will make the rounds to see family too. Thanksgiving is a good break too. It is one of my favorites. Nobody expects you to get stuff for them and there is lots of football on TV and generally you can take it easy if you want too. I plan to work in the yard too. Lots of leaves need to be chopped up.

So here are a few things I am thankful for:
1. I am thankful I have a wife that lets me buy cool stuff like fast boats.
2. I am thankful that the band made state finals.
3. I am thankful to have neighbors that put enough stuff on their house for Christmas that I don't have to turn on any lights in my house until mid-January.
4. I am thankful that Henry rolls over on his back and lays there any time I go to pet him.
5. I am thankful that Ted bites me at a few times a week. It is really nice to be bit by your dog at any given moment.
6. I am thankful I still have hair on my head.
7. I am thankful that I didn't run over any of the students cars during marching band this year. (This has happened before.)
8. I am thankful that we don't live in Redbank anymore.
9. I am thankful that I was at home the day the AC unit decided to leak water through the ceiling.
10. I am thankful to have traveled the Appalachian Trail by myself this summer. (I wondered why Mark never showed up.)

But most of all I am just thankful to have some really great people around me. Great family and friends make everything worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home