Thursday, November 05, 2009

Hard Work


"It does not seem to be true that work necessarily needs to be unpleasant. It may always have to be hard, or at least harder than doing nothing at all. But there is ample evidence that work can be enjoyable, and that indeed, it is often the most enjoyable part of life. " - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Flow: The Psychology of the Optimal Experience

Perhaps most, this is what I hope the students will take with them from their experiences as related to marching band this year. They have worked hard and have seen and felt the rewards. We have only 2 more rehearsals for the season left and although I look forward to having more time to spend with my sweet Cindy and the Boyz I must say that I have enjoyed this season with the thing that I have enjoyed most being rehearsal. I just don't hear the complaints about being outside and working as I use to in the past. The students seem to truly enjoy it. That is a huge reward to me in itself. I encourage everybody to cherish the last few of this season in reference to not only what will occur on Saturday but also the last few moments of rehearsal and the final game of the year too. Enjoy each other and respect each other as this where the true accomplishments of the season have been obtained.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home