Friday, October 23, 2009

Not Missing This Weekend

This weekend is upper/lower state for 1A, 2A, 3A, and 4A bands. I have competed in each of these divisions and I must say I don't miss this competition. If your band is not top 6, your season is over. Not redos or anything, just over. The fact is that if you are top 3, you have a very hard road ahead to win or place in the state event which is next weekend. It was always the most stressful competition for me just knowing what was at stake. At least, we get to go to state in 5A on the same day as everybody else. Now of course, we are not top 8 on Nov. 7th, we will be home early and believe when I say we are still in jeopardy of that! I do wish my friends in the above classifications the best for their performance. I would especially like to wish Buford, Batesburg-Leesville, and Swansea all the best. I hope to get to see all of you next weekend at 2A/4A finals.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy Pollard Hoogenboom said...

I'm not missing the tension and stress of this weekend and next in 1A-4A...thats the great thing about 5A...you get to wrap up all those feelings and emotions in one day! Looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home with you and the boys...love you...miss you!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home