Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend Review

We went to Hartville this weekend. It was interesting. We drove through the woods for a long time after we got off the interstate and then there was a stadium in a cow pasture and that was where we went. The people at Hartsville were very nice to us and that is not always the case at some of these local shows but anyway...We were 2nd to Walterboro and that was somewhat disappointing because we had a good run. You never know what you are going to get with respect to judging at these types of shows. "You pay your money and you ride the rides. Some are better than others and you ride them again. Some are not and you don't ride again." One thing that bothers me though is that the entire attitude of the band and parents was very different at the band room. People seemed sad about what we had done. I was not. We are very good and are in a great position for Nov. 7th. We will clean up even more. We scored an incredible 91.71! and that was our lowest score this year. If we score that at state...well you won't have worry about making finals. I am very proud of the students and their understanding of the results too. I wish our supports would not seem disappointed with our results. It was fun to warm up in almost complete darkness. If you don't know, I am just about night blind! I could see a thing. We all did a great job and we are not finished yet. These local shows are fun and really nothing more. It is great to win them and get some good comments but the real prize in on Nov. 7th. Only 11 more rehearsals! I hope everybody has a great day off. I am stuck in the band room again. It is a good day of rest though for all away from rehearsal it is raining. Kind of sign if you ask me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous tromboneman2 said...

I was so proud of you and the DF kids and from where I was sitting, it was another GREAT run. The kids and staff should be very proud of what they are doing! This is the road that must be taken to attain greatness in the end....even if it is in a cow pasture! I don't necessarily agree with the final scores but all of us seasoned band people should know by now that "big and easy" will always beat "smaller and difficult" early in the season! I agree with you Mr. Brady, that the real contest is on November 7th! Keep on doing what youre doing because it is GREAT. Its one of the best shows I've seen in a long long long time!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home