Friday, October 02, 2009

A Night of Rest Before the Real Test

We are off tonight as the football team is in Orangeburg and it just costs us too much to travel that far even with the pep band. I really don't mind traveling with the team though. It is kind of nice to just play and have fun sometimes. It is nice to have some time to rest too. We have a big day tomorrow. We are going to second competition of the year and things look in order for us to have a great weekend. The weather forecast looks good and we seem to be ready. I look forward to going and seeing some old friends too. I still have strong ties with old friends and directors at B-L and Swansea and they will both be there tomorrow. I have never competed at WK high but we marched on the field last year and I was impressed. Mr. Apple just got finished tuning the drums and they sound great. All that is left is to go and do our thing. It should be a packed house tomorrow night. We perform at 8:00 p.m. I really long to hear those famous words "Dutch Fork are you prepared to take the field for competition?" I believe are more than ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home