Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Lots to Do and lots has happened


So the last you heard is I was going fishing during my Thanksgiving break. I tried. On Wednesday morning, I hooked up the boat and went to the ramp. So far, so good. While I was unhooking the boat from the trailer my foot slipped off the cross bar of the trailer and I fell in the water. All wet but that was was not the bad part. As I fell, my lower back hit the cross bar squarely from about 3 feet up. I hobbled to reconnect the boat and returned home. I really didn't know how badly I was hurt until the next day when I could hardly walk. Today is the first day I really don't have a lot of pain when I sit and stand. It seems the worst may be behind. Also, we caught a mouse in our house. Really the attic but still a mouse was in the house. I will see if we catch more tonight. Strange stuff I guess. As for band, we are trying to get ready for the concert. It is disheartening when I asked the kid how many of them thought band was one of the most important things they did in school and only about half of them raised their hand. If you don't want to know the truth, don't ask I suppose. I really wanted to take the top group in grade 6 this year but that won't happen if it isn't a priority and I am not going to beat myself trying to make them play grade 6 music. The problem is that I hear all they time how the students want to do better but then they don't want to do the work associated with that level of achievement but then again isn't that just the way of the world. What I can't figure out is that in a school such as this where academics are stressed so much, is why isn't what I do stressed too. It is academic. Music is a legitimate area of study that enhances all areas of the brain. Look it up if you don't believe me! Check out the following link: Google Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home