Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Busy Week Ahead

We have plenty to do this week. We are not going to add any sets of drill but we have much work to do to clean what we already have out there. We also need to work on stands music and this may be more of challenge than originally thought. We just don't sightread very well. Fortunately if there is one things I have figured out as a band director, it is sightreading. This will be a major focus for us during the winter months but that won't help things now. We also need to get ready for the pre-games show of the fight song and national anthem. We will be working on these things in class.
I do have some disappointments to deal with. Many students left their instruments in the band room this weekend and as much as I hear about wanting to be more successful again that success must begin individually. There is not much more I can do to stress that except to start sitting people out for performances when they aren't prepared and leaving your instrument in the band room over the weekend is no way to prepare.
There are many, many obstacles at Dutch Fork but perhaps the most formidable one is to instill the mind set that our success must begin at home individually.
I did my homework this morning. I rearranged the Alma mater. I couldn't find a clean copy with all the parts so I just made a new one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home