Thursday, August 14, 2008

Almost Over...

Yes, there is only one more day of band camp. This has been a great one. I kind of feel bad that it is almost over. I won't miss the really long(because I miss Cindy) or really hot days but we always got stuff accomplished and I will miss that. I have honestly had fun. I am serious! My staff has been great and, with the exception of one less than great evening rehearsal, the students have really worked hard. We have 75 pages of drill on the field with music. And I don't just mean with band camp music. They know where they are going and we have even cleaned some of the drill and everybody is playing. This is pretty remarkable at this point with the difficult drill we are executing. We will accomplish our band camp goal of setting 79 pages of drill and really being able to march and play it. Today we ran everything we knew all the way with good music with no stops and we did it twice at the end of rehearsal! I believe we can do just about anything if keep this up. So yes I will miss our time together at band camp because now all kinds of other things will be going on. The students will have other school work and I will too. So yes band camp is hot and long but I have to say this was my favorite one ever. I really feel at home at Dutch Fork High School and hope to have many, many more band camps there.
Now the really hard work begins. We will have to finish setting the drill for the show but will probably wait for until the second week of school to set it but we should all be marching and playing better at that point so it really won't be all the difficult. We have until November 1 to get every thing as perfect as we can. We will go other places along the way but our real prize will be obtained on November 1. I am certainly not promising a state championship or even a finals performance but I can promise if everybody keep working like we have been, everybody will be very happy on November 1.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck this year guys!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home