Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rookie Camp: Day 1

Today was a great start. Everybody did really well and seemed to be fine with the heat. It was not too bad until after about 11:00 a.m. Then it did get hot. We were already playing and marching up and down the field. We also learned the "Brady" warm-up. The students seemed focused the entire time we were outside. It was a good day for sure. We will continue tomorrow as we build the foundation for our season.
One thing I wish we did have was more rookies. Not that I am of the opinion that a large band is the only way to get anywhere. I just feel like we are missing some students that would enjoy being with us. None the less, if the rookies we had today are the ones we have, that will be fine with me. I just don't want to leave anybody out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I wish there was still a way to get in contact with some of the people on the roll you called this morning :? (some may still be out of town or something though)-mia

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With great students like you, we will be just fine...actually better than that! But we will keep looking for others.

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! I've talked to some of the older students (non-leaders) and they actually are excited about all the things that we've discussed this year. I'm sure we will do great!! -mia

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home