Friday, July 25, 2008

Back from the Creek

I went to Goose Creek today to see mom and dad. It was a good visit. They are getting older so I went to see them before things got too crazy with band. Dad and I built a daylily bed. Sounds easy doesn't it? Not really but it was fun. We have always worked well together. Not much talking, just work.

I was born in Key West but Goose Creek is home to me and always will be. It is basically a swamp but I still like it. Hot and humid are an understatement. Not many people get to see alligators, raccoons, and all kinds of birds and snakes on a daily basis but it is just something you learn to deal with in Goose Creek. We we first moved to Goose Creek the population was about 1,500. It has grown just a bit now...40,000! That is quite a bit. Funny thing though as my dad and I went to a few places, everybody knows him. Seemed like all 40,000!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home