Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Leadership


I have been working on stuff for the pre-camp for student leaders we have scheduled for next Monday and Tuesday. There are hundreds of leadership seminars available and some cost big bucks. I never liked those kind of things so I don't do an actual seminar. I did a search on "Google" on leadership and found over 144,000,000 topics. It is just somethings I have figured out. I have been asked a few questions about it:

Q: Will you be bringing somebody else in to do a seminar?
A: No. We will do it ourselves.

Q: Is it just another one of these motivational things?
A: No, most of it open ended to get information to the student leaders so they will know what I expect.

Q: Should the leaders forget everything they already know and just do it my (new director's) way?
A: Of course not! I will never pretend to know everything. You might have a better way.

Q: Are you going to have a bunch of handouts for the student leaders and then just read them?
A: No, it is set up to allow as much conversation as possible and is designed to get "off topic" so everybody has input. There will be some procedural handouts though.

If you have any questions, feel free to add them.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will percussion officers be required to attend?

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Percussion officers will be involved with drum camp but will be required to catch up on the information.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

During the sessions, can you describe each leadership position and the expectations for the position?

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home