Sunday, July 20, 2008

Almost Time


One week from today, I will be anxiously awaiting the morning. In one week, the competitive band season will become real. All the planning will be finished and it will be time to see what we have. By seeing what we have that goes for everybody. I am sure there are many parents and students that are curious as to how things will be run. It is only human nature. In reality, they really don't know yet. I can honestly say that I have done what I could to assure that things will run smoothly but again , I have done no real teaching in my new position so far. I have certainly prepared by getting the show together. It is done and that is much more than many, many bands have at this point. I have assembled the best staff I could and I think they will be great. I have worked on policies and such for the big booster club meeting on Tuesday night, but I have not done what I was hired to do yet...teach. It is an interesting tightrope to walk in a functional group of any kind. The students must have confidence in there director to trust that the instruction they will receive is accurate and current. Then the real work at hand can begin. Until the trust is established and the students feel comfortable, we will just be getting by. I look forward to the many challenges we will have together this year but one challenge I will not have to over come is the trust I have for my new band. This is not to diminish the many friends and relationships I have built with people from my other band program because I cherish them and still talk to and check with them often. But I do trust my new band already. I feel everybody is ready to focus on the goals we will establish together.
This is a critical week of final preparations. I feel well in that most of the preparation is complete and this should be a week of final touches.
I went fishing this morning with a good friend and although we didn't catch many (it was the worst I have done in many a month), it was still great to just be on the water with good company.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck Mr. Brady.. Catch alot of fish and win state!!!!!!!!!

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! I wish you guys the best.

Brady

7:35 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Thank you anthony for your confindence in DF!!! Loving you!!!
We have alot of confidence in Mr. Brady!

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep Mr brady is about the best out there that can make your band good at all music not just marching band... Im sure yall we be a top contender in all of your competitions!!!!!!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home